- The Fort is 350 years old & has been restored using local materials & local artisans and workmen. Ensuring they are in line with the traditional style.
- The Fort is on a hill which had suffered deforestation in all the past years, we have reforested the hill & all the recycled water of the fort is used for that, the forest is now back with trees & we have Blue bulls & animals coming back to live on the hill which has happened in the last few years
- We Grow, Buy & Use only Organic vegetables, all our meats are fresh & are bought on the same day they are cooked, we have a farm below the hill where we grow our vegetables organically & all other food stuff is sourced locally.
- Our staffs are 100% local including our guides/Boatman & are like a family. They do not speak very fluent English but are proud to show you around
- Village walk – Ramathra is very remote & totally untouched by urban city life you would not see anybody begging or pestering you for anything & we would like to keep it that way. Guests are requested not to give out any gifts or money to anybody in the village, but make a contribution at the Fort towards the school..